Clare Howell Design collect, use and are responsible for personal information obtained from you. I am regulated under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), which apply across the European Union (including the UK).
The purpose of this policy is to explain to you how I control, process, handle and protect your personal information. Your privacy is important, and I am committed to keeping your information secure and managing it in accordance with legal responsibilities.
What personal data is collected
Clare Howell Design is a service provider and may collect personal information from you in order to deliver services, including:
– your name
– email address
– telephone number
– property address
– details of your service requirements
– invoice payment details
Personal information is only collected when there is a legitimate business requirement to do so.
How do we collect data
The data which is collected and held securely has come from several sources, which are listed below.
– contact provided via website, social media or other digital mediums
– contact made regarding recruitment opportunities
– exhibitions, events and networking
– business meetings
– through direct contact with customers
The personal data held has been provided with consent. However, if you feel that you are on a list and have not provided consent, then please contact me. You are encouraged to read our entire data policy to understand your rights and get in touch should you have any concerns, wish to be removed or gain access to the data held.
How do we use data
Personal information about you is collected so that Clare can provide services, communicate and share any related information you may request. Your information may also used for purposes related to services including:
- to administer a service
- notify you of any changes to an appointment, service or product
- verify your identity or check personal details are up to date
- to take payment from you for the services which are provided
- to better understand your requirements and provide you with services specific to your needs
- to help answer any questions which you have asked
- communicate with you about relevant services, reminders, safety or legal matters
- to provide you with general updates in relation to marketing services
- carry out feedback requests to help Clare improve her services to you
- to provide you with information and marketing, which is reasonably believed may be relevant to you based on the services provided to you
- to comply with applicable laws where businesses are obliged to retain and/or disclose certain information
- to investigate or address complaints or claims relating to your use of services
- for internal and external auditing purposes
- to transfer information to any entity which may acquire your personal details, such as registering with a hosting provider.
- to collect a debt which is owed to us
Disclosure of personal data
The information you provide to us will be held on our secure GDPR compliant servers, systems and computers. Personal data may be accessed by or given to our staff or to any member of Clare Howell Design for the purposes set out in this Privacy Data Protection policy or for other purposes approved by you:
We may also provide your personal information to other companies for the purposes of administering our services, which includes:
– third parties and their associated companies or approved contractors as part of delivering my services to you
– where you have provided your consent for the purpose of discussing your requirements for finance, warranty protection requirements or other such relative services
– law enforcement bodies and/or other regulatory authorities in order to comply with any legal obligation or court order including the police, HMRC and local authorities
– third party organisations that provide applications, functionality, IT services, internal operating software to manage customer appointments, cloud based storage, e-mail providers such as outlook and mailchimp and communication platforms
– debt collection companies to assist in collecting any monies which you owe where payment is overdue
– our professional advisers, for the purpose of assisting to better manage, support or develop my business and comply with legal and regulatory obligations
– third parties as necessary in the event of a claim or dispute relating to the use of services
– third parties that may require information to monitor our standards, such as trade associations and customer review directories including, Which Trusted
– Traders and Checkatrade
Clare Howell Design does not sell or otherwise share or release your personal data to any third party for the purpose of allowing them to market their services or products.
How we protect your data
Clare Howell Design is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. Safeguarding your personal data by using secure data storage and systems that meet the GDPR compliance requirements. I also use the professional services of contractors to maintain, upgrade and manage our online, website, server storage, e-mail security and anti-virus software. However, although we take reasonable precautions to protect access from unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, the internet is not a 100% secure environment.
Under the GDPR compliance requirements we shall advise you at the first available opportunity should your data be stolen, accessed, copied, used or authorised in an unlawful manor.
I also expect you to take reasonable steps to safeguard your own privacy when transferring information, such as to avoid sending confidential information over unsecure email.
You have rights in relation to your personal information. This is subject to certain exemptions and legal requirements for myself to hold your data for tax, audits and legal reasons.
Your rights include:
– access to personal information
– to object to the processing, storage or how I use your personal data
– to rectify or erase personal information
– to restrict the processing of your personal data
– to obtain a copy of the personal data stored
– to lodge a complaint with the ICO
Please contact us if you require further information. We will aim to respond to any requests for information promptly and within the legally required time limits under the GDPR (30 days).
Further details of your rights can be found at the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), they can be contacted by telephone on 0303 123 1113 or by their website www.ico.org.uk
How to change the information we hold
Businesses are legally required to ensure that the data we hold is accurate and up to date. If it’s discover that data is incorrect then it will be corrected or removed as necessary. If your situation changes and the information that I provide is no longer relevant, then please contact me so that I can act accordingly.
There are various legal requirements and professional guidelines about keeping certain kinds of records, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes, or information on aspects of health and safety. I’ll only keep personal data to comply with a requirement like this, or if we believe your data to still be accurate or believe you to be a valued customer of ours.
Data retention is considered in the following ways:-
– review the length of time your personal data is kept;
– consider the purpose or purposes of information held in deciding whether (and for how long) to retain it;
– securely delete information that is no longer needed for this purpose or these purposes; and update, archive or securely delete information if it goes out of date.
Any email marketing messages sent are in accordance with the GDPR requirements. The consent lawful basis is used for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. Details of how data is obtained is covered in the ‘how we collect data’ section of this policy.
If you feel you are on this list without consent, then you are provide with an easy method to withdraw your consent, by being able to unsubscribe by clicking an unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing e-mail. You also have the capability to manage your preferences or amend the information we hold about you at any time. However, if you have any concerns then you can also contact us directly, we will act responsibly to ensure GDPR compliance.
Clare Howell Design use GDPR compliant EMS providers (electronics manufacturing services) to ensure any data is secured safely. EMS providers may be used and e-mail providers such as Mailchimp, Google mail and Microsoft outlook for communicating with you.
The following information about you is held within systems:
subscription time and date
I may also contact you in future by phone, mail or other marketing methods, such as social media. We only do so where we reasonably believe that there are additional services or products in which you may be interested or relevant to you. We always ensure you have the right to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us.
Website and Cookies
When completing an online form to book an appointment, enquire, provide feedback, get a quote or other, I may receive personal data, such as a name, address, email address, telephone and other information provided by you. Visitors are also able to send an email to us through the website. Their messages will contain the user’s name, email address and details, as well as any additional information the user may wish to include in the message.
If you have any complaints concerning Clare Howell Design processing of your personal data, please contact our data controller via the details below.
I will always react accordingly to any complaint and look to resolve any issues promptly. However, please note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority which is responsible for the protection of personal data.
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) is the UK body responsible for protection of personal data, they can be contacted by telephone on 0303 123 1113 or via their website www.ico.org.uk
Data controller and contact information
The data controller is Clare Howell Design. If you have any questions or would like to discuss any part of this policy, please contact us via:
By e-mail: email@example.com
By phone: 01628 531385
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 15th Aug 2019.